Approved activity with an uncomplicated pregnancy
- Daily exercise of 30/min a day is recommended for all pregnant patients. Do not start new exercise routines. Use caution with weight lifting/aerobics.
- Walking/treadmill/elliptical/bike/swimming are always great options. Yoga/Pilates specifically for pregnancy is great for stretching. Remember to stay hydrated!
- Highlights/hair dye
- Warm tub baths (no recreational hot tubs or water greater than 100 degrees)
- Flu shots-highly recommended during pregnancy
- Travel up to 36 weeks
- Dental visits
- Household chores with adequate ventilation and gloves
- Painting with adequate ventilation
Food suggestions during your pregnancy:
- AVOID Raw, smoked, uncooked or undercooked meat or fish (sushi, seared fish, raw eggs)
- AVOID Unpasteurized dairy products (specialty cheeses)
- Wash all fruits and vegetables well
- Moderate caffeine intake is fine.
- You can use Splenda, Equal, and NutraSweet in limited quantities
- AVOID eating fish with high mercury levels such as Grouper, Marlin, Shark, Swordfish, Halibut, and Albacore Tuna
- Many common fish are good to eat and include: Calamari, King Crab, Flounder, Hake, Rocklobster, freshwater Perch, salmon, scallops, shrimp, trout (freshwater), catfish, clams, crawfish, haddock, oysters (cooked), sole, tilapia, whitefish
Make An Appointment
We make setting up appointments easy with our online booking and Patient Portal. You pick the time and the doctor and we’ll take care of the rest!
|Mon. – Fri.||8:00am – 5:30pm|