Guidelines for use of OTC Medications during your pregnancy
- Colds/Allergies/Headache: Tylenol, Sudafed (unless high blood pressure), Actifed, Dimetapp, Benadryl, nasal saline spray, Claritin, Zyrtec
- Sore throat: Chloraseptic throat spray, salt water gargle, throat lozenges
- Cough: Robitussin DM
- Heartburn/gas: Mylicon, Gas X, Mylanta, Maalox, Tums, Zantac, Prilosec, Pepcid.
- Try to eat small meals, avoiding spicy or fatty foods; do not lie down for at least 1 hour after eating or take a walk after meals to help the digestive process.
- Diarrhea: Imodium-call the office if symptoms persist more than 24 hours
- Constipation: Colace, Milk of Magnesia, Metamucil, Pericolace, Senokot, and Miralax. If needed, an occasional Dulcolax suppository. Increase fluid intake.
- Sleep aid: Tylenol PM
- Hemorrhoids: Anusol HC, Preparation H
- Do not use Aspirin or any Non-steroidal medications like Motrin, Advil, or Aleve during pregnancy
- If any symptom persists or you have a question about a medication please call the office
Make An Appointment
We make setting up appointments easy with our online booking and Patient Portal. You pick the time and the doctor and we’ll take care of the rest!
HOW CAN WE HELP?
|Mon. – Fri.||8:00am – 5:30pm|
1001 N. Waldrop, Suite 505
Arlington, TX 76012
5005 S. Cooper St., Suite 275
Arlington, TX 76017
Phone: (817) 704-1936